- 1 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 1 tsp (5 mL) milk
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
- 5 cups (1.25 L) peeled, sliced apples (5-6 medium)
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh or frozen cranberries
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 425°F (220°C). Prepare pie crust according to package directions for Two Crust Pie using 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate.
- In large bowl, combine 1 cup (250 mL) sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Add apples and cranberries and toss lightly to mix. Spoon into pie crust.
- Top with second crust and crimp edges. Cut slits in top crust to vent. Brush top with milk and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons (10 mL) sugar.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
- Spy apples are your best choice for baking as they hold their shape and deliver just the right amount of tartness.