- 1 can (170 g) solid light tuna, drained
- 2 hard cooked eggs chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped onion
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped dill pickle
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame seeds, optional
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine tuna, eggs, mayonnaise, onion and dill pickle.
- Separate dough into 2 long rectangles. Place on ungreased baking sheet with long sides overlapping 1/2 inch (1.25 cm); press center seam and perforations together to form a large rectangle.
- Spoon tuna mixture lengthwise down centre of dough. Sprinkle 1/2 cup (125 mL) cheese over filling. Cut slits 1-inch (2.5 cm) apart on each side of rectangle from filling to edge. To give braided appearance, fold strips of dough across filling, alternating from side to side.
- Bake for 17 to 20 min or until golden brown. Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL) cheese and sesame seeds if desired.
- Watch this dish come alive with the addition of your favourite freshly chopped herb such as dill, parsley or tarragon.