Crescent-Topped Cheeseburger Casserole
Combine your family's favourite burger toppings in an easy cheeseburger casserole covered with a flaky crescent dough sheet. Burger night will never be the same once you whip up this satisfying cheeseburger hot dish that only requires a 20 minute prep time.
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (235 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescents (8 count)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in pickles, water, ketchup, mustard and pepper.
- Spoon beef mixture into 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Unroll dough; press all perforations to seal. Press dough into 12x8-inch rectangle. Cut into 6 squares; place on top of cheese. Brush with egg; sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Top this casserole with shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, dill pickle slices and serve with ketchup and mustard on the side.
- Spice up the casserole filling when you add a small can of chopped chipotle chiles.