Crescent Sloppy Joes
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 35 min
Take an old favourite and give it a whole new twist when you tuck sloppy joes filling into a crescent pocket.
- 1/2 lb (250 g) lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Brown beef in large skillet over medium-high heat; drain. Stir in barbecue sauce; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Stir in cheese.
- Unroll dough and separate into 4 rectangles; press each into 8x4-inch (20x10 cm) rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. Cut each in half crosswise, making 8 squares.
- Place about 2 rounded tablespoons ground beef mixture on centre of each square. Fold dough over filling, forming triangles; press edges with fork to seal. With knife, cut small slits in tops for steam to escape. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Brush with egg; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake 11 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from baking sheet. Serve warm.
- Use ground chicken, turkey or pork instead of ground beef.