Crescent Jalapeño Poppers
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 40 min
This unusual twist on chili poppers, with herbed cheese and a dollop of sweet salsa, roll up fast with prepared crescent dough.
- 4 jalapeño chilies (about 3 inches long)
- 1/3 cup herb and garlic flavoured cheese (from 340 g container)
- 8 slices packaged precooked bacon, halved
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 1/2 cup pineapple or fruit salsa, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Carefully remove stems from chilies; cut each in half lengthwise and again horizontally to make 4 pieces. Remove and discard seeds. Spoon about 1 teaspoon cheese into each chili quarter. Wrap half slice of bacon around each.
- On cutting board, unroll dough; separate dough into 8 triangles. From centre of longest side to opposite point, cut each triangle in half, making 16 triangles. Place chili, cheese side down, on dough triangle. Fold 1 point of triangle over filling; fold 2 remaining points over first point. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from baking sheet. Serve with salsa.
- Serve these tasty poppers with sour cream or guacamole.