Crescent Hot Cross Buns
Take a shortcut this Easter on time—but not taste—with these Crescent Hot Cross Buns! Raisins and lemon peel add flavour to the buttery-soft rolls, and a simple icing ‘X’ on top gives each bun its classic appearance (and a hint of sweetness). Whether you serve these for Easter dinner or brunch, they’re sure to fly off the table.
- 1 can (235 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescents (8 count)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel, if desired
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Unroll dough and separate into 8 triangles.
- In small bowl, mix raisins and lemon peel; spoon about 1 teaspoon raisin mixture onto short side of each triangle. Gently wrap corners of dough over filling and roll to opposite point; pinch to seal. Place point side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet; place on wire rack. Cool 10 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix icing sugar and enough milk until smooth and drizzling consistency. With spoon, drizzle icing in cross shape on top of each bun.
- Add a little extra colour and a twist of flavour by substituting diced dried fruit for the raisins.
- Have little hands help you drizzle the cross shape on top of each bun!
- For added flavour, add a pinch of cinnamon to the raisin mixture and stir before filling crescents.