Prep Time: 45 min
Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
Try this deliciously easy version of a French bakery specialty.
- 3 tablespoons red sugar
- 1 can (235 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescents (8 count)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sprinkle cutting board with half of sugar.
- On sugar-sprinkled board, unroll dough and separate dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Lightly press dough into sugar.
- Brush rectangles with 1 tablespoon of the butter; sprinkle with remaining half of sugar. Place 1 rectangle on top of another. Starting with both of the shortest sides, roll up each side until rolls meet in centre. Repeat with remaining 2 rectangles. Refrigerate dough rolls about 30 minutes or until dough is firm.
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease cookie sheets. With serrated knife, cut each roll into 8 slices, forming a total of 16 slices. Place slices, cut side down, 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Pinch bottom edge of each slice to form a heart shape. Brush with remaining tablespoon butter.
- Bake 9 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. If necessary, gently reroll cookies. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.