Crescent Cheeseburger Rolls
Get rolling with this delicious and fun recipe that is sure to become a family favourite. It is fast and easy enough to make for lunch but hearty enough to work for dinner too. Just add a simple side salad, and in no time, you are ready to feed the whole gang. You may never go for fast food at a restaurant again!
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) ketchup
- 2 cans (235 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescents (8 count)
- 8 slices processed cheese, each cut into 4 strips
- 16 dill pickle slices (chips), if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line 2 large cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper.
- In 10-inch (25 cm) nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in shredded cheese and ketchup. Set aside.
- Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 16 triangles. Place 2 strips of cheese on top of each triangle. Top each with about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the beef mixture and 1 pickle slice.
- Carefully roll up each crescent, ending at tip of triangle. Place 8 crescents, with tips down, on each cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until deep golden brown and baked through. (Bake in batches if needed; refrigerate second sheet of crescents while the first one bakes.) Serve warm.
- Crescent Cheeseburger Rolls are fantastic for dipping. Ketchup, mustard, spicy mayo or even hot sauce are all great ideas.
- Make your Crescent Cheeseburger Rolls look like a burger bun by brushing the tops with water and sprinkling with sesame seeds or poppy seeds.