- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 container (227 g) spreadable cream cheese
- 2 cans (8 count each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with shortening or cooking spray. In small shallow bowl, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Unroll each can of dough into 1 large rectangle; press perforations to seal. Cut each rectangle into 8 rows by 3 rows, to make 24 pieces per rectangle (48 pieces of dough total).
- Place about 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese on center of dough piece. Fold dough over cream cheese, and gently crimp it around cream cheese; roll in sugar-cinnamon mixture. Repeat with remaining dough pieces.
- Place cream cheese-filled dough balls in pan. Sprinkle with remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture. In small bowl, mix brown sugar and melted butter; pour over crescent pieces.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 10 minutes; run knife around edge of pan to loosen. Place heatproof serving plate over pan; carefully turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Cool 10 minutes longer. Cover and refrigerate any remaining bread.
- Try fruit-flavored cream cheese in place of the plain cream cheese.
- Store any remaining monkey bread in the refrigerator to keep the cream cheese food safe.