Cookie Dough Truffles
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 1 hr 25 min
What could be better than eating cookie dough? Eating cookie dough that is dipped in chocolate! These 3-ingredient truffles are easy to make, and oh-so-satisfying!
- 1 roll Pillsbury™ refrigerated Chocolatey Chip Cookie dough
- 1 3/4 cups (375 mL) semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 tsp (25 mL) shortening
- Shape cookie dough into 24 (1 1/4-inch) balls; place on cookie sheet lined with waxed paper or parchment paper. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- In medium microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on High 60 seconds. Stir; continue to microwave in 10-second increments until mixture is melted and can be stirred smooth.
- Using 2 forks, dip and roll cookie dough balls, one at a time, in melted chocolate; tap off excess chocolate. Return to lined cookie sheet. If chocolate has cooled too much, reheat. Spoon remaining melted chocolate into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; partially seal bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag. Squeeze bag to pipe over top of truffles. Refrigerate truffles about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Store truffles tightly covered in refrigerator up to 1 day or in freezer up to 2 weeks. Thaw frozen truffles in refrigerator and serve same day.
- For a quick drizzle and a more casual look, dip a fork in the melted chocolate and quickly move your wrist back and forth to create a zig-zag pattern.
- Plastic forks are the key to easy dipping. Remove the centre two tines of two forks, and you’ll have wide-pronged tools perfect for gently dipping cookie truffles.