Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Did you know that Pillsbury’s refrigerated cookie dough is now safe to eat raw (or baked!)? That means you can make your favourite flavour of ice cream at home – simply mix Pillsbury cookie dough into vanilla ice cream, add some chocolate chips and enjoy!
- 1 roll Pillsbury™ refrigerated Chocolatey Chip Cookie dough
- 1 container (1.5 qt/L) vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Line rimmed cookie sheet with waxed paper. Using sharp knife, divide cookie dough roll into 8 portions. Working with one portion at a time, roll and press dough to shape into 12-inch rope; cut crosswise into 24 (1/2-inch) pieces, and shape into balls. If dough breaks apart, press together and continue to roll. Place balls on cookie sheet. Repeat rolling, cutting and shaping with remaining dough. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheet from the refrigerator; reserve 1/2 cup of the cookie dough balls. In large bowl, mix softened ice cream and the remaining cookie dough balls; stir to combine. Place ice cream mixture in a 2 to 3-quart container. Sprinkle reserved cookie dough balls and chocolate chips over top. Cover and freeze about 6 hours or until firm.
- To soften ice cream, remove from freezer to refrigerator 20 to 30 minutes before needed.
- For best results, ice cream can be stored in a covered freezer container in freezer for up to one month.