- 6 cups (1.5 L) peeled, sliced apples
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) allspice
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- 1 roll Pillsbury™ refrigerated Sugar Cookie dough
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine apples, brown sugar, flour, 1 tsp (5 mL) of the cinnamon, the allspice and lemon juice; toss to coat apples well. Spoon into ungreased 9 1/2-inch glass deep-dish pie plate.
- Spoon cookie dough, by scant teaspoons, evenly over apples. Combine sugar and remaining 1/2 tsp cinnamon; sprinkle over dough.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until top is golden brown and apples are tender.
- Pillsbury* Sugar Cookies are only available during the Christmas baking season. Look for them at your supermarket mid November-January.