- 1/2 roll Pillsbury™ refrigerated Chocolatey Chip or Chocolatey Chunk Cookie dough
- 4 cups (1 L) ice cream (any flavour)
- 8 sugar cones or cone cups
- 1/2 tub (450 g) Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe Frosting (any flavour)
- Decorating bag and star tip
- Assorted candies
- String licorice
- Place cookie dough in freezer at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Cut eight 1/2 -inch (1 cm) slices from frozen cookie dough. On ungreased baking sheet, place slices 2- inches (5 cm) apart. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from baking sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely
- To assemble clowns, using 1/2 cup (125 mL) ice cream scoop, place 1 rounded scoop ice cream in centre of each cookie; press down slightly to secure. Place cone upside-down on top of ice cream; arrange to form hat. Freeze until firm.
- Remove clowns from freezer; press candies into ice cream to form eyes and nose and licorice to form mouth. Use frosting, decorating bag and star tip to make collar around ice cream and decorate cone hat. Freeze until firm before serving.
- Make your own piping bag. Place a small plastic bag into a glass with the opening hanging over the top of the glass. Spoon frosting into the bag, then cut a tiny hole in one corner. Squeeze frosting out of the hole to decorate or to write special messages.