- 1 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped onion
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cups (500 mL) frozen mixed vegetables
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Prepare pie crusts according to package directions for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie plate.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in chicken and mixed vegetables. Remove from heat. Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Cover edge of crust with 2 to 3 inch strips of foil to prevent excessive browning (remove last 10 minutes of baking). Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.