- 4 cups vegetable or canola oil
- 1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pizza Crust
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In deep heavy 3-quart saucepan, heat oil to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, remove dough from can; do not unroll. Cut dough into 12 (1-inch) slices. Cut each slice in half crosswise to make 24 pieces. Roll each piece into ball; set aside.
- In small brown paper bag (lunch bag), mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Carefully place dough balls into hot oil; cook about 30 seconds or until light golden brown. Using wire skimmer or metal slotted spoon, transfer doughnuts to paper bag with sugar-cinnamon. Fold top of bag over; shake until doughnuts are coated. Serve warm.
- You can use a deep fryer instead of a saucepan.
- Use a candy/deep fry thermometre to be sure your oil is at the correct temperature.