Cinnamon-Sugar Crescent Bunny Twist Bread
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 50 min
You’ll adore this sweet and simple crescent bread decorated to look like a bunny. Great to serve for Easter brunch, or any time you need a little extra fun at breakfast.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (235 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescents (8 count)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Pink, black and white cookie icing
- 4 candy eyeballs
- 2 pink jelly beans
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray, or line with cooking parchment paper. In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Unroll dough; place on cookie sheet, pressing to form 13x7-inch rectangle. Firmly press perforations to seal.
- Brush 3 1/2-inch wide strip of melted butter down centre of dough all the way to ends; sprinkle 5 teaspoons of the cinnamon-sugar mixture on melted butter. Make cuts 1 inch apart on each side of rectangle, just to edge of cinnamon-sugar mixture. Alternating from side to side, fold cut strips of dough at an angle halfway across filling, slightly overlapping ends.
- With sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut dough in half crosswise through middle to get two 6 1/2x3 1/2-inch rectangles; separate slightly on cookie sheet. Make 3-inch cut down middle of one end on each rectangle. Bend each portion of cut dough outward slightly, shaping to look like bunny ears. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet. Cool 10 minutes.
- Using photo as guide, decorate ears, whiskers and teeth with cookie icing. Attach candy eyeballs and jelly beans with cookie icing. Cut to serve.
- Have the kids join in and get creative with decorating! Instead of candy eyeballs, use small black jelly beans or chocolate chips, and try black rope licorice for whiskers. Other candies also work.
- Crescent bunnies are best served the same day.