Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Cream Cheese Glaze
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
Heat up that waffle maker and open up those Grands!™ Cinnamon Rolls! This super simple, yet super scrumptious combo will have you wondering if you’ll ever make regular waffles again. They are so fun and easy to make, the whole family is going to want to get in on the action. Get creative with your toppings too – berries, toasted pecans or perhaps an exciting new dessert with a scoop of ice cream and chocolate chips!
- 1 can (496 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Flavoured Icing (5 count) or 1 can (496 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Cinnamon Rolls with Icing (5 count)
- 1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) milk
- 1 teaspoon (15 mL) vanilla
- Spray waffle maker with cooking spray; heat waffle maker. Separate dough into 5 rolls; set icing aside.
- For each waffle, place 1 roll in centre of waffle maker; close lid of waffle maker. Bake 3 to 4 minutes or until waffle is thoroughly cooked and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together reserved icing, icing sugar, milk and vanilla until glaze is smooth.
- Serve glaze over hot waffles.
- Be sure to spray the waffle iron in between each cinnamon roll waffle. The sugar from the cinnamon roll can make the waffles stick.
- These are also delicious served with real maple syrup instead of the cream cheese glaze. Add some toasted pecans to your cinnamon roll waffle recipe for extra crunch.
- Our favourite waffle iron to use for this recipe is a Belgian waffle iron. Belgian waffles are characterized by their circular shape, larger grid pattern and deep square pockets that are perfect for housing pools of syrup or glaze. American waffle irons have a smaller grid pattern and the square pockets aren’t quite as deep—you can use any waffle iron to make this super easy cinnamon roll waffles recipe, but if you want to get the best results, go with a Belgian waffle iron. These are readily available in the kitchen section of most superstores.