Cinnamon Roll French Toast
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
From Sandra Lee, cookbook author and television chef, comes this delightfully easy French toast recipe that gets a head start from Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls!
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls With Icing
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) milk
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- Bake cinnamon rolls as directed on package. Let rolls cool completely.
- Spray griddle or large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat griddle to 375ºF or heat skillet over medium heat. Slice each roll in half crosswise.
- In shallow dish, whisk eggs, milk, 2 tablespoons of the maple syrup and the vanilla until blended. Dip each cinnamon roll slice into egg mixture, turning to coat completely. Place on griddle. Cook about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- In small bowl, whisk reserved icing, the remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup and enough warm water to create a pourable syrup consistency. Serve over French toast.