- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 4 tsp (20 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 4 cups (1 L) thinly sliced, peeled apples (4 medium)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
- Heat oven to 450ºF. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Unroll pie crust on baking sheet.
- In medium bowl, mix 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the cornstarch and cinnamon. Gently stir in apples. Spoon onto centre of crust, spreading to within 2 inches of edge. Fold edge of crust over filling, ruffling decoratively. Brush crust edge with milk; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon granulated sugar.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender, covering with foil last 10 minutes if necessary to prevent excessive browning.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup; heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Boil gently 2 minutes. Add pecans. Boil 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pecans are lightly toasted. Remove from heat. Stir in whipping cream and vanilla. Cool 15 minutes. Serve over warm or cool pie.