- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 1 cup (250 mL) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) icing sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) kirsch or water
- 1 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 3 to 4 cups (750 mL to 1 L) whole strawberries
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) red currant jelly
- 2 tsp (10 mL) kirsch or water
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Bake pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell, using 9-inch glass pie plate or 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Cool on cooling rack 15 minutes.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Stir in icing sugar, 3 tablespoons kirsch and the cream cheese until well blended. Pour into pie shell. Arrange strawberries over chocolate mixture.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat glaze ingredients until warm; spoon or brush over strawberries. Refrigerate at least 2 hours until serving time. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
- Any kind of chocolate will work in this recipe--try milk, dark or bittersweet.
- A purchased strawberry glaze, usually found next to fresh strawberries in the produce section of your local grocer, can be used to glaze the fresh berries.