- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 1 cup (250 mL) corn syrup
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter or margarine
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (250 mL) pecan halves or pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream, whipped, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Make pie crust as directed on package for One-Crust Filled Pie using 9-inch (23 cm) glass pie plate.
- In large bowl, beat corn syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla, salt and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Spread evenly in crust-lined pan. Cover edge with foil strip to prevent excess browning; remove foil last 5 minutes of baking.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until deep golden brown and filling is set. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Store in refrigerator.
- Garnish with chocolate leaves. To make chocolate leaves, wash and dry 8 fresh nonpoisonous leaves such as lemon and rose or use pliable plastic leaves. In small saucepan, melt 1/4 cup (50 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) oil over low heat, stirring constantly. Using small brush, brush chocolate about 1/8-inch (3 mm) thick over backs of leaves. Refrigerate at least 1 hour until firm. Peel off leaves, handling as little as possible.