Chocolate Macaroon Crescent Bars
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
Flaky crescent dough goes sweet and simple in a chocolaty, nutty dessert bar.
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 2 cups flaked or shredded coconut
- 1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Unroll dough; separate into 2 rectangles. Place lengthwise in pan. Press in bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust, pressing edges and perforations to seal.
- Sprinkle coconut evenly over crust. In medium bowl, mix condensed milk and almond extract; drizzle over coconut.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and filling is set. Cool in pan on cooling rack 15 minutes.
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips over low heat, stirring frequently. Stir in peanut butter. Spread chocolate mixture over bars; sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 30 minutes. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
- Peanut butter subtly flavours the chocolate topping on these bars; more important, it adds creamy texture and keeps the chocolate from hardening.