Chocolate Chip Mummy Cookies
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 1 hr 25 min
Use Pillsbury™ Chocolatey Chip Cookie Dough to jump-start Halloween dessert fun. Just criss-cross them with ready-to-spread fluffy white frosting.
- 1 roll (468 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Chocolatey Chip Cookie Dough
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 container (340 g) fluffy white whipped ready-to-spread frosting
- 20 candy eyes
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). In large bowl, knead cookie dough and flour with hands until well mixed. (DO NOT EAT RAW COOKIE DOUGH AFTER COMBINING WITH FLOUR.)
- On floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with floured 4-inch gingerbread man-shaped cookie cutter. On ungreased cookie sheets, place cutouts 2 inches apart. Reroll dough and cut additional cookies.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Spread thin layer of frosting on each cookie. Spoon remaining frosting into decorating bag fitted with flat basket weave tip #45. Squeeze bag to pipe frosting in crisscross pattern over cookies to look like mummy bandages. Attach candy eyes. Let stand until set, about 20 minutes.
- A pastry tip with a 1/2-inch-wide opening works best for piping the frosting on these cookies. Look for pastry tips at craft stores or online.