Chocolate-Almond Ice Cream Pie
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 5 hr 30 min
Just four ingredients fill an easy Pillsbury™ unroll-and-bake pie crust in a rich, chocolaty frozen dessert.
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 1 cups (1 L) chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- Heat oven to 400ºF. In small bowl, mix melted butter, almonds and sugar. Spoon 1/3 of mixture into shallow baking pan; spread evenly. Bake 5 to 7 minutes, stirring once, until toasted. Set aside to cool, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, place pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate; press crust firmly against side and bottom. Fold excess crust under and press together to form thick crust edge; flute. DO NOT PRICK CRUST. Spoon remaining 2/3 of almond mixture into bottom and up side of crust; press against crust.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Spoon ice cream into cooled baked crust. Sprinkle cooled almond mixture over ice cream. Freeze uncovered until firm, about 4 hours. Let pie stand at room temperature 10 minutes before cutting. Pie can be stored in freezer up to 1 week.
- Substitute your favorite flavor ice cream or a different type of nut. Caramel ice cream and cashews are a tasty combo.