- 1 bag (300 g) frozen microwavable mixed vegetables
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (284 mL) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (8 count each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- Place oven rack in centre position. Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cook frozen vegetables in microwave as directed on bag. Cool 1 to 2 minutes. Pour into medium bowl. Add chicken, soup, milk, salt and pepper; stir to combine. Set aside.
- Separate 1 can of dough into 4 rectangles. On ungreased large cookie sheet, arrange rectangles perpendicular to each other to form a cross. Corners of one side should touch while leaving a square space in the centre.
- Separate dough from second can into 4 more rectangles. Arrange rectangles into an “X” that overlaps the cross, leaving an open circle in the centre.
- Carefully spoon chicken mixture around centre of dough; shape into a ring leaving about 1/2 inch of dough in the centre.
- Pull overhanging dough from outer edge towards centre and over filling. Tuck and pinch dough under middle.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown and thoroughly heated. Remove from cookie sheet to serving platter or cutting board. Cool 10 minutes before slicing.
- It's much easier to work with chilled dough. Keep the refrigerated crescent dough in the refrigerator until ready to open and arrange on the baking sheet.
- I love adding celery salt to my chicken pot pie as an extra seasoning. Try adding some of your favourite seasonings, herbs or other vegetables to make it your own!