Chicken-Bacon Alfredo-Stuffed Crescent Ring
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 1 hr 5 min
Oh yes, we did! We took a crescent ring and filled it with creamy chicken Alfredo pasta. Brilliant? We think so. Delicious? Absolutely. Oh, and did we mention that we loaded it with bacon, too? We loaded it with bacon, too.
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cooked penne pasta
- 1 cup Alfredo pasta sauce (from 15-oz jar)
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked bacon (8 slices)
- 2 cans (8 count each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- In large bowl, mix chicken, 1 cup of the cheese, the cooked pasta, Alfredo sauce and 1/2 cup of the bacon. Set aside.
- Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 16 triangles. On cookie sheet, arrange triangles in ring so short sides of triangles form a 5-inch circle in centre. Dough will overlap. Dough ring should look like the sun.
- Spoon chicken mixture on the half of each rectangle closest to centre of ring.
- Bring each dough triangle up over filling, tucking dough under bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around ring until entire filling is enclosed (some filling might show a little). In small bowl, mix melted butter and garlic. Brush on top of dough ring.
- Bake 19 to 23 minutes or until dough is golden brown and thoroughly baked. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over top. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup bacon on top of melted cheese. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into slices.
- This recipe is a great way to use up leftover cooked pasta!
- Try cooking bacon in the oven! It’s quick, and there is little mess. Heat oven to 400°F. Place bacon slices on rack placed on foil-lined cookie sheet with sides. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until desired doneness. Drain well on paper towels.