- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 125 g (half 250 g package) cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked, shredded
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed French fried onions
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Heat oven to 400°F. In food processor, place broccoli florets; pulse a few times until broccoli is finely chopped. (If you don’t have a food processor, just finely chop broccoli with knife).
- Unroll dough unto work surface into 1 large rectangle; press perforations and seams to seal.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave cream cheese on High 30 seconds. Add garlic powder; stir until smooth and combined. Spread cream cheese mixture over dough to within 1/4 inch of one side.
- Sprinkle broccoli evenly over cream cheese mixture; sprinkle evenly with chicken. Place sheet of waxed paper over dough; gently press down to compress filling.
- Starting with side of dough opposite clean side, roll up dough to form a log; pinch seam to seal. Using sharp knife, cut roll into 8 equal slices (pinwheels); place cut side down in ungreased 8- or 9-inch round pan.
- In small dish, stir French fried onions and melted butter, coating onions lightly with butter. Sprinkle over top of each pinwheel.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until pinwheels are light golden brown. Serve warm.
- Add 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese to the cream cheese mixture for an even cheesier pinwheel.
- Substitute panko crispy bread crumbs for the French fried onions for a different kind of crunch.