- 1 roll Pillsbury™ refrigerated Chocolatey Chip Cookie dough
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped slivered almonds
- 1 egg
- 1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) soft coconut macaroon cookie crumbs (about six 2-inch (5 cm) cookies)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) drained maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). In ungreased 13x9-inch (23x33 cm) rectangular baking pan, break up cookie dough; press evenly into pan to form crust. Sprinkle with 1 cup (250 mL) of the almonds; firmly press into dough. Bake 11 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat egg. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and almond extract. Stir in cookie crumbs.
- Remove partially baked crust from oven. Carefully spread crumb macaroon mixture over crust to edges. Sprinkle with cherries and remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL) almonds; press into crumb mixture.
- Return to oven; bake 18 to 23 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown and filling is set.
- In small microwave dish, microwave chocolate chips on High 15 to 30 seconds or until melted and can be stirred. Stir every 15 seconds. Drizzle over warm bars. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 1 1/2 hours. Cut into bars.
- Use your fingers to crumble the soft macaroons into crumbs for the filling in these rich bars.