- 1/4 cup (50 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cream cheese, softened, cut into pieces
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) almond extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) cherry preserves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. In food processor, place granulated sugar and almonds; process about 30 seconds or until almonds are finely ground. Add cream cheese, vanilla, almond extract and egg yolk; process about 10 seconds or until well blended.
- On lightly floured surface, unroll dough into 1 large rectangle. With floured rolling pin or fingers, roll or press dough into 12x9-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over dough rectangle. Starting with 1 long side of dough rectangle, roll up dough into log (filling will be soft). With serrated knife, cut log into 12 slices; place slices, cut side up, in muffin cups.
- Bake 11 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. With handle of wooden spoon, make indentation in center of each roll. Spoon 1 teaspoon preserves into each indentation.
- Bake 2 to 4 minutes longer or until golden brown. Run knife around edge of muffin cups to loosen; remove rolls from cups and place on cooling racks.
- In small bowl, mix icing sugar and water until smooth; drizzle over warm rolls. Serve warm or at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate any remaining rolls.