- 1/2 lb (250 g) bulk chorizo pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chive & onion cream cheese spread (from 8-oz/250 g container)
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- Sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, sliced green onions, as desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook chorizo over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until cooked through; drain and cool 5 minutes. In medium bowl, mix chorizo, cream cheese spread and Cheddar cheese.
- Unroll dough on work surface. Press into 12x8-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. With pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows to make 24 squares.
- Divide chorizo mixture evenly on centre of each dough square. Bring 4 corners together to overlap slightly in centre at top of each bundle. Twist and pinch to seal, leaving small gaps between seams. Place on large ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 11 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with remaining ingredients.
- Pork chorizo varies in flavor and type by region. You may need to drain chorizo after cooking. We used a more traditional ground Mexican seasoned variety in our testing.
- Add 1 to 2 teaspoons diced jalapeño chiles to the filling for a spicy kick.