Caramelized Peach Upside-Down Coffee Cake
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 1 hr 30 min
Bake up a new sweet peachy coffee cake delight using Pillsbury® sugar cookie dough.
- 1 roll Pillsbury™ refrigerated Sugar Cookie dough
- 1/4 cup unsalted or salted butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced peeled peaches or frozen sliced peaches, thawed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2/3 cup peach preserves
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. Line 10-inch springform pan with foil. Lightly spray bottom and side of foil-lined pan with no-stick cooking. In 12-inch skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon until blended. Add sliced peaches; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until peaches are tender, stirring occasionally. Spoon and spread peach mixture over bottom of pan.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Add baking powder and eggs. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until well blended. On low speed, beat in half-and-half an additional minute or until cookie dough mixture is smooth and creamy. Pour mixture evenly over peaches in pan.
- Bake 35 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Cool 2 minutes. Place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Carefully remove foil. Cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, stir peach preserves and orange juice together until blended. Microwave peach mixture on High 30 to 60 seconds or until warm.
- To serve, drizzle coffee cake with peach mixture and sprinkle with pecans.