- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 3 cups (750 mL) thinly sliced sweet onions
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) shredded Asiago cheese
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Unroll dough on work surface. Pinch seams to seal; cut into 24 (2-inch) squares. Press 1 square in bottom and up side of each of 24 ungreased mini muffin cups.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and thyme; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 10 to 15 minutes, stirring constantly, until onions are caramelized. Stir in brown sugar and wine; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until liquid is gone. Stir in mushrooms. Spoon about 1 tablespoon onion-mushroom mixture into each cup. Top with walnuts and cheese.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove tartlets from pan immediately. Serve warm.
- Substitute finely shredded Gruyère cheese for Asiago cheese.
- Get a head start on making these tartlets by caramelizing the onions ahead of time.