Caramelized Banana Nutella® Pizza
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 45 min
Crescent dough, Nutella™ chocolate hazelnut spread and easy microwave caramelized bananas make the most delicious trio for this dessert pizza. Toasted sliced almonds give a nice crunchy topping.
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 4 ripe medium bananas, cut into 3/4-inch slices (about 3 cups)
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon Nutella® hazelnut spread with cocoa
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray unroll dough and press into 12x9-inch rectangle, pressing seams together. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, mix caramel topping and bananas. Microwave uncovered on High 2 minutes 30 seconds to 3 minutes, stirring after every minute, until bananas are softened and caramelized. Cool 10 minutes.
- Spread 1/3 cup hazelnut spread onto warm crescent crust; spoon banana mixture on top.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 1 tablespoon hazelnut spread uncovered on High 10 to 30 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle on top of banana mixture; top with almonds. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
- Microwave ovens vary, so carefully watch to avoid burning or overcooking the caramel.
- Toasted sliced almonds are sold in packages as salad toppers.