Caramel Pecan Cream Slab Pie
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 5 hr 35 min
This crowd-friendly slab pie is the easiest, most impressive way we know to feed guests. With gooey caramel and a toasted pecan topping, it’s everything you love about traditional pecan pie, but with an added creamy layer of sweetness that ups the ante on the holidays!
- 1 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 375 g cream cheese, softened (from two 250 g packages)
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 3 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 1/2 cups chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup caramel sauce, room temperature
- Additional frozen whipped topping, thawed, if desired
- Heat oven to 450°F. Remove pie crusts from pouches. On lightly floured surface, unroll and stack crusts one on top of the other. Roll to 17x12-inch rectangle.
- Fit crust into 15x10x1-inch pan, pressing firmly into corners and sides. Fold extra crust underneath and slightly on top edges of pan, fluting edges and poking bottom and sides of crust with fork. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown; remove from oven, and cool completely.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, icing sugar, and 1/4 cup caramel sauce with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, scraping down side of bowl frequently. Beat in 3 cups of the whipped topping. Spread on top of cooled crust; refrigerate 20 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix pecans and 1 cup caramel sauce. Drop spoonfuls of mixture evenly on top of cream cheese layer; carefully spread to cover. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours or until chilled and set. Serve with additional whipped topping.
- Toast nuts in shallow pan in 350°F oven 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown and toasted.
- Caramel sauce varies in thickness and consistency. Be sure to use room temperature caramel for best results.