- 1 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 6 cups (1.5 L) peeled cooking apples (6 medium)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans in bottom of crust-lined pan.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gently stir in lemon juice and apples. Spoon into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust. If desired, brush crust with water; sprinkle lightly with sugar. Cover edge of crust with 2 to 3 inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cool at least 1 hour before serving. Serve warm pie with ice cream. Drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with chopped pecans.