Candy-Stuffed Crescent Bunnies
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 35 min
These adorable chocolate candy-stuffed crescent bunnies will be a winner with your kids on Easter.
- 1 can (235 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescents (8 count)
- 16 Rolo® chewy caramels in milk chocolate, unwrapped
- Pink and white nonpareils, pink sanding sugar or multicolored pastel sprinkle sparks for ears
- Jumbo pink heart or flower sprinkles, for noses
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Unroll dough; separate into 8 triangles.
- Place 2 candies on shortest side of each triangle, and roll dough into ball to within 4 1/2 inches from opposite point; pinch openings to completely enclose candies. Turn over; place on cookie sheet.
- Using pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut unrolled portion of dough to make two ears, starting at point of triangle and cutting toward rolled portion.
- Using finger, press indentation into bottom half of each ear; fold tops of ears down. Add small amount of nonpareils to indented portion of dough, and press heart onto stuffed dough portion for nose.
- Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve warm.
- Dough should not be stretched too thin when rolling dough around candies, and openings should be completely sealed around candies before baking.
- A great way to use up extra chocolate Easter candy is to substitute the candies with unwrapped chocolate eggs or even a tablespoon of chocolate chips. The chocolate eggs with candy shells do not work as well in this recipe.
- Have fun with the kids and have them help “decorate” their bunnies before baking.