Butter Pecan Pretzel Bars
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 2 hr 45 min
With a buttery cookie base and pecan and pretzel bits throughout, these ooey-gooey dessert bars strike the perfect balance between sweet and salty, while being totally delicious.
- 1 roll Pillsbury™ refrigerated Chocolatey Chip Cookie dough
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 40 caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup broken tiny pretzel twists (about 40 twists)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher (coarse) salt
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, crumble cookie dough; stir or knead in 1/2 cup of the pecans until well mixed. Press evenly in ungreased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 30 minutes.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and milk uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 60 seconds, until melted and smooth. Pour evenly over bar. Sprinkle with pretzels and remaining 1/4 cup pecans, pressing slightly into caramel. Sprinkle with salt. Cool about 1 hour 30 minutes or until caramel is set. For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
- To toast pecans, heat oven to 350°F. Spread pecans in ungreased shallow pan. Bake uncovered 6 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown.
- Line pan with foil for easy removal and cleanup.