- 125 g (half 250 g packge) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup hot sauce or red pepper sauce
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cans (8 count each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix cream cheese and hot sauce until smooth. Mix in chicken and shredded cheese just until combined.
- Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 16 triangles. On ungreased large baking sheet, arrange triangles in ring so short sides of triangles form a 5-inch circle in centre. Dough will overlap. Dough ring should look like a sun.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture on the half of each triangle closest to centre of ring. Top with blue cheese crumbles.
- Bring each dough triangle up over filling, tucking dough under bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around ring until entire filling is enclosed (some filling might show a little).
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until dough is golden brown and thoroughly baked. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into serving slices.
- Add a bit of fresh to your appetizer; serve with celery and carrot sticks and a side of blue cheese dressing.
- You can use leftover cut-up cooked chicken, or pick up a deli rotisserie chicken at the supermarket. Remove chicken from bones, and cut into bite-size pieces.