- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped plum (Roma) tomatoes (3 medium)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Remove pie crust from pouch; unroll on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Remove partially baked crust from oven. Spread tomato mixture over crust; sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven; bake 7 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Cut into wedges. Serve warm.
- Use kitchen scissors to "chop" the fresh basil in this recipe. It saves preparation and clean-up time.