Blueberry Pie Bars
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 1 hr 55 min
This cookie-pie mashup is easy to make and even easier to serve–great for barbecues and summer picnics.
- 1 roll (468 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Break up three-fourths of cookie dough into pan. With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust. (DO NOT EAT RAW COOKIE DOUGH AFTER PRESSING DOUGH IN PAN WITH FLOURED FINGERS.) Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, crumble remaining cookie dough. Add oats, brown sugar and cinnamon; toss. Set aside.
- In small bowl, stir together granulated sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Gently stir in blueberries. Sprinkle blueberry mixture evenly over crust. Crumble oat mixture over blueberry mixture.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool 1 hour before serving. Cut into squares.
- Substitute 1 can (540 mL) blueberry pie filling for the fresh blueberry mixture.
- Serve with a side of vanilla ice cream for a delicious summer dessert!