Blueberry-Lemon Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Bake
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
Fresh blueberries, lemon zest and cinnamon rolls come together in this easy breakfast bake that makes a pretty (and tasty!) dish at your spring brunch.
- 1 package (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 can (5 count) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls With Icing
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave cream cheese and icing sugar uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring after 30 seconds, until softened. Stir until smooth. Stir in blueberries and 1 tablespoon of the lemon zest.
- Separate dough into 5 rolls; return icing to refrigerator. Cut each roll into 6 pieces; stir into berry mixture. Spoon and arrange in baking dish.
- Bake 34 to 38 minutes or until bubbling around edges and dough is baked through in centre. Cool 10 minutes. Transfer reserved icing to small bowl, stir in remaining 1 tablespoon lemon zest. Spoon icing mixture into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; partially seal bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag; squeeze bag to pipe over top of breakfast bake. Serve warm.
- Breakfast bake is best served the same day.
- Cutting the cinnamon roll dough into sixths helps the dough bake all the way through.