Birthday Party Ice Cream Pie
This colourful cookie pie is ready to party! Speckled with fun, multi-coloured sprinkles, this easy-to-make treat is perfect for birthdays (or any special day). The Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies crust studded with candy sprinkles starts things off on a sweet note, but the star of the show here has to be the filling—a sprinkles-packed, no-churn, homemade vanilla ice cream that’s surprisingly simple to make. Serve it topped with whipped cream and extra sprinkles for a treat that’s sure to be a hit!
- 1 roll (468 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon multicoloured candy sprinkles
- 2 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk (from 398 mL can)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray; lightly flour.
- In medium bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir in 1/4 cup of the candy sprinkles. Press dough evenly in bottom and up side of pie plate.
- Bake 15 to 19 minutes or until golden brown. Place pie plate on cooling rack. Using flat bottom of drinking glass, gently press centre of crust to flatten slightly. Cool completely, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, mix 1 3/4 cups of the whipping cream, the evaporated milk and salt. Beat with electric mixer on high speed 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture thickens. On low speed, slowly add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla; beat on high speed 3 to 4 minutes or until soft peaks form. Fold in 1/4 cup of the candy sprinkles. Pour whipped cream mixture over cookie crust in pie plate; spread evenly.
- In small bowl, using clean beaters, beat remaining 1/2 cup whipping cream and the icing sugar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Place whipped cream mixture in decorating bag fitted with star tip. Pipe whipped cream decoratively around edges and in centre of pie. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon candy sprinkles. Freeze at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 20 to 30 minutes before serving. To serve, cut into wedges. Store pie covered in freezer.
- When you’re ready to serve the pie, use a hot knife to make clean slices. Run your knife under hot water and wipe it dry with a paper towel before making a cut.