You can enjoy this sweet pastry in just 20 minutes from the comforts of your kitchen thanks to this easy beignet recipe. It’s easy when you start with Pillsbury™ refrigerated pizza crust and add two other simple ingredients. Recipe by Girl Versus Dough.
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pizza Crust
- Icing sugar
- In deep fat fryer or heavy saucepan, heat 2 inches oil to 350°F.
- Line a plate with paper towels; set aside.
- On lightly floured work surface, roll dough into ball and pat into 8x6-inch rectangle about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 9 equal pieces using pizza cutter or knife.
- Fry 2 or 3 pieces of dough at a time in hot oil 2 to 3 minutes on each side, turning with slotted spoon, until deep golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle tops with icing sugar, and serve warm.
- Make ‘em mini! Cut dough into smaller pieces for bite-size beignets.
- Always wear an apron and long sleeves when working with hot oil, and use oven mitts while turning and removing dough to protect your hands.