- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups refrigerated cooked roast beef
- 1 1/2 cups beef gravy
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In 11- or 12-inch ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook carrots and potatoes in oil 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are browned and softened slightly. Add beef, gravy and rosemary; stir until well mixed, breaking up beef, if necessary. Cook about 4 minutes longer or until beef and gravy are heated through.
- Unroll pie crust on work surface. Roll into 12-inch circle. If desired, flute edge. Prick with fork several times. Place pie crust on top of beef mixture in skillet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley. Cut into wedges to serve. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pot pie.
- Use leftover beef roast or steak in place of the purchased beef roast.
- Sneak in an extra serving of vegetables by stirring in a cup of canned sweet peas.