- 1/2 lb (250 g) lean ground beef
- 1 small Yukon gold potato, finely diced, cooked
- 2 oz (56 g) chorizo sausage, finely diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1 box (400 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts (2 count), softened as directed on box
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- In medium bowl, stir together cooked beef, cooked potato, chorizo, paprika, cumin and salt until well combined.
- Remove 1 pie crust from pouch; unroll on cutting board. With rolling pin, roll out crust until 18 inches in diametre. With 2 1/2- to 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut 12 rounds from pie crust.
- Working with 1 dough round at a time, top each with about 1 teaspoon beef mixture. Moisten edges of dough with water; fold dough over and press with fingers to seal. Use fork to create design around edge. Place on cookie sheet, close together but not touching. Repeat with remaining pie crust and filling. Brush tops lightly with egg.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown and thoroughly heated in centre.
- These can be fried instead of baked. To fry, skip the egg wash. Cook in a deep-fat fryer heated to 350°F (180°C) for about 5 minutes or until puffed and golden. Drain on a paper towel before serving.
- Ground turkey can be substituted for the ground beef.