BBQ Beef Casserole
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 60 min
Savoury barbecue sauce mixed with ground beef and topped with a buttery crescent roll crust is sure to impress your family and guests. With just a handful of ingredients, what’s not to love? Recipe by Fabiola Donnelly.
- 2 lb (1 kg) lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (18 oz) barbecue sauce (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- Place oven rack in lower third of oven; heat oven to 350° F.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook 2 lb lean ground beef and 1/4 teaspoon salt over medium heat 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add 1/2 medium onion, chopped; cook 3 to 5 minutes longer or until onion has softened and beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Add barbecue sauce; stir until well combined. Spoon beef mixture into ungreased 2-quart baking dish. Stir in 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese.
- Unroll 1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls. Place sheet of dough over beef mixture to cover, tucking in sides of dough. Place baking dish on sheet pan or cookie sheet.
- Bake on lower oven rack 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a dinner salad for a complete and satisfying meal.
- Buy your favourite spicy barbecue sauce to spice dinner up a bit!