- 3/4 cup caramel topping
- 1 tablespoon dark rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 2 medium bananas, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 box (4 serving size) banana instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Banana slices, if desired
- Heat oven to 450°F. In small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients until well blended; set aside.
- Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, toss banana slices with 3 tablespoons of the sauce until coated. Layer bananas in bottom of cooled baked shell.
- In large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix with wire whisk 2 minutes or until thickened. In small bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form. Fold into pudding until well combined. Spread evenly over bananas. Refrigerate 2 to 4 hours or until firm.
- Top individual servings of pie with additional banana slices and sauce. Store in refrigerator.
- You’ll want to use firm bananas for this recipe.
- For extra speedy preparation, use thawed whipped topping to fold into the pudding.