- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate into 4 rectangles. Press each to 6x4-inch rectangle, pressing perforations to seal.
- Brush tops of 2 rectangles with melted butter; sprinkle with about half of the sugar mixture. Top each with remaining rectangle; press edges lightly. Brush tops with melted butter.
- With sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut each rectangle stack lengthwise into 6 strips. Twist each strip 3 times; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Brush tops with any remaining melted butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- Did You Know? Traditional churros are strips of dough that are deep fried and rolled in cinnamon and sugar. We simplify them by baking crescent dough strips and sprinkling them with cinnamon-sugar--a quick way to a crispy, sugary treat!
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second intervals until melted. Serve with freshly baked churros.