- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 small apples, peeled & cored (about 2 1/2 inches in diametre)
- 4 teaspoons apple jelly
- 1 can (235 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescents (8 count)
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Combine butter, brown sugar and spices until creamy.
- Separate dough into 4 rectangles; seal perforations. Place apple in centre of each rectangle, fill centre of apple with jelly.
- Spoon 1/4 of spice mixture on top of each apple. Pull 4 corners of dough to top of apple, twist slightly and seal edges.
- Ease dough around apples to cover completely and evenly. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Try adding about 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts or pecans to your spice mixture for added crunch.
- Use apple varieties that hold their shape after baking, such as Honeycrisp or Braeburn.