Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches
A hearty, savoury breakfast ready in 30 minutes? Yes, please! These delicious crescent-shaped breakfast sandwiches are loaded with bacon, eggs and cheese and pair as well with slow, cozy mornings at home as they do with busy ones when you need to get going.
- 1 can (235 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescents (8 count)
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten, if desired
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Unroll dough on work surface; separate into triangles.
- Top each triangle with bacon, scrambled egg and cheese. Roll up loosely as directed on can. Place on ungreased cookie sheet; curve into crescent shape. Brush with beaten egg; sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make scrambled eggs in microwave: Beat eggs well in medium microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on High 1 1/2 minutes. Stir cooked outer edges to centre. Microwave 1 to 2 minutes longer or until eggs are almost set but still moist.
- Swap the cheddar cheese in this recipe for your favourite easy-to-melt variety: Pepper Jack, Monterey Jack, Swiss or Havarti are all tasty options.
- Brushing the tops of the sandwiches with beaten egg gives them added golden-brown colour and a crisper, slightly shiny crust.